Tuesday, November 1, 2011

so... Airplanes,Yeah. Wait-No. Rocket Planes!

I'll be the first to Admit, I Really like flying things, and I especially like Rocket powered flying things.
Which leads me to my next project. As all 3 of you who have found the site may or may not have seen, Nasa/Dryden and Darpa have designed and flown some really exciting new 'planes' which are capable of  Hypersonic Speeds using Scramjet Engines and...well....that's legit.  The idea of a Rocket Powered flying wing has been kicking around in my head for a good year now, so I think it's finally time to stop daydreaming about and just build it!

I'll just keep this one short and sweet....
This is a Test glider to explore the Aerodynamics of such a craft. Built from depron foam and poster board, it's a fairly simple build and I hope it flies well enough to further develop the plane.



-Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment